To celebrate our six-year anniversary, we have launched a junior rug designing competition for all the Little Stay at Home Heroes out there.
The idea of the competition is about “going back to design basics”. We want to help keep the little ones busy and get their imaginations working by encouraging them to get out their art tools, from crayons and paints, to pencils and pens to create original, colourful designs inspired by the natural environment.
The competition has two age categories, ages 5-9 and 10-13, with two amazing prizes. The winners will receive a stunning handmade rug produced in their design and chosen colours, and made locally in Britain by the Clerkenwell Rug Studio’s expert rug manufacturers. To show support for our NHS heroes, Clerkenwell Rug Studio will then replicate these designs and gift two more beautiful rugs to an NHS charity.
Judging the competition will be a selection of great people that we have worked with including CEO of BDG architecture + design Gill Parker, Mick Jordan, Editor of Mix Interiors, Katie Lloyd, Director at Benningen Lloyd and Hamish Kilburn, Editor of Hotel Design.
If you have a little one in mind who would be keen to take part, here are the key details you will need to get started:
- The design must take inspiration from nature. This includes animals, the seaside, plants, and forests; essentially anything belonging to the outside world can provide the inspiration
- The design should be simple and uncomplicated
- The submission must be an original design by the participating child
- The design can include up to 8 colours
- Submissions should be of A3 or A4 size
- To create the design, your little artists can use paint, colouring pens, crayons or markers
- The design should be accompanied by a short story by the participant summarising where the inspiration for the design came from
- The participant will have the option to design a circular rug or rectangular rug
- The maximum size of the winning rugs will be 2m diameter for the circular shape and 2m x 2.5m for the rectangular shape
- Designs should be submitted by post but if this is not possible, you can use the Adobe Scan App to photograph and combine your drawing with your entry form
Now you’ve got all the information, you can get your Little Stay at Home Heroes designing. Remember, the closing date for the competition is July 31st 2020.
To enter please click HERE: